Thursday, March 12, 2020

Parade of Artists Using Stencils -- Part One

Today's spotlight shines light on kind-hearted artists who've granted me permission to show their artwork, or something related to their artwork; all of them tied together by their having used some of my stencils.

First:  Mary Ann Russo, who's sharing an art show with her granddaughter Melissa.  Mary Ann's and Melissa's must-see show is running thru the month of March at Monmouth Beach Cultural Center, Monmouth Beach, NJ.  It's a large and impressive show!  To learn the hours, contact the MB Center:  Telephone: 732-229-4527  
E-mail: mbculturalcenter@comcast.net



Mary Ann Russo in front of her painting of an elephant.

An assortment of papers Mary Ann has printed with StencilGirl stencils.  Upper left orange piece:  my 6" x 6" Swatton Grid Stencil; upper right green piece:  my 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders; lower left:  my 9" x 12" stencil Clustered Leaves.  I'm guessing that the lower right pink piece was printed with A Rose By any other Name by Andrea Matus deMeng.  Mary Ann Russo is displaying these prints at her show to illustrate the way she creates papers for her collages.  She tears small pieces from her prints to make collages, hence the ragged edges on the bottom two stencil prints! 

Top:  Mary Ann made this blue and white print using my 6" x 6" Ferns 6 Stencil.  Middle:  This happily paint-darkened stencil is my 9" x 12" Marbles 9.  Bottom: Mary Ann printed this paper with my 6" x 6" Swatton Grid Stencil.

Today's second star is Anna Friesen, who created this gorgeous serving dish --



-- and Anna's method was to first use the stencil (my 9" x 12" Clustered Leaves) with assorted colors, then go over those colors adding white.  Her last step was to have the dish fired in a kiln.

Below is an art journal double page spread that is dazzling in its beauty.  The artist behind this gorgeous art is Carolyn Knick.  Carolyn used my 9" x 12" stencil Garden Montage --




Now the spotlight swings over to an artist who goes by the pretty name Ju Misty.  She did the print below with 
my 9" x 12" stencil Garden Montage, using a Gelli Plate and a substrate of vintage paper.




UK artist Freida Oxham used several 
StencilGirlProducts.com stencils in creating the next art sample.  Among those stencils was my 9" x 12" stencil Longwood Florals, which Frieda expertly put to work with green translucent paints to build a border effect (far left and far right) below:  




Next artist:  Amanda Heath Walden, who has used exciting colors with a wide variety of stencils available at StencilGirlProducts.com.  In the upper right (first photo below) she has used my 6" x 6" stencil Ski Lift Works.




Above:  Amanda has used Ski Lift Works in the upper left and the upper right.

 And in Amanda's third print below, my 6" x 6" stencil Ski Lift Works was used to make the print in the middle far-left section--




 Another artist who has combined
 many of the stencils available at StencilGirlProducts.com is Becky Holaway.  You can click on the photos below to get a better view of several of these stencils, including my 6" x 6" Ferns 6 Stencilwhich made the (now cropped) print shown in the upper right photo.  This cropped section also appears in the lower right photo (far left side.)



 

The parade of artists is not over!  My next post will feature even more!

Thanks for stopping here today!  To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment