Saturday, October 21, 2017

THISTLES, a Just-Released Stencil at StencilGirlProducts.com


55 years ago, my farmer-father loaded up the pickup with us kids and a collection of sharp, long-handled tools.  He drove us to pasture land that lay at a distance from our home farm.  

As soon as the pasture came into view, I exclaimed,  "Look at all those pretty flowers!"

To this day, my three-years-younger brother will tell this story with glee.

The "pretty flowers" -- I was quickly informed -- were thistles in bloom.

And we had arrived in this pasture to level them with weed-whackers!

Well, I maintain one person's weed can be another person's pretty flower -- and my fascination with thistles has never waned.

One day an idea marched into my head -- why not make a thistle stencil?

So I did.

Here are prints I've made with my fourth just-released stencil --



Above:  (foreground) Thistle Stencil and (background) Mimosa Stencil (both 9" x 12")

Above:  (foreground) Thistle and (background) Mimosa Stencil (both 9" x 12")


Above: (foreground)  Thistle Stencil; (background) Loopy Ladders (both 9" x 12") Stencil; (central background) Ornamental Iron Curls Stencil (6" x 6")


Above:  Thistle and (background) Vases (both 9" x 12")


Above:  (blue foreground) Thistle Stencil; (distant yellow background) Mimosa Stencil; (gray background) Loopy Ladders (both 9" x 12")


Above:  (foreground) Thistle Stencil; (background) Tangled Pods Stencil (both 9" x 12"); (background) Tiger Lily Stencil (6" x 6")

Above:  a greeting card cover collaged with a partial print that was made with (background) 9" x 12" Prayer Flags Stencil and (foreground) 9" x 12" Thistle Stencil.
My four new stencils are also busily making Christmas cards.  More about that in December!

In its entirety, Prayer Flags Stencil looks like this:





Thank you for taking time to visit here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment