Friday, July 30, 2021

 StencilGirl StencilClub artist Barbara McLawhorn has treated me with yet another artwork that she developed with the use of one of my stencils, 6" x 6" Ferns, along with a mask designed by Traci Baustista.  Barbara's approach was to use a combination of watercolors over natural leaves.  (Barbara used beet leaves because she wanted leaves with broad shapes.)  After those watercolors had dried, she lifted off the leaves and went back in to spray over the masks, using them to create a pattern.  Barbara used Dylan Reaveley sprays, which she says are intense; she also cautions that, because this paint stays water soluble, it needs a spray fixative layer before any additional wet media can be applied.



Above:  Barbara MacLawhorn has created a happy, energetic combination of colors and shapes!


StencilGirl StencilClub artist Karen Pesch put to use my 9" x 12" It's a Jungle Out There, along with crackle paste and watercolor, in making the artwork below.  Karen's substrate was stretched canvas that had not been previously covered with a layer of white gesso....




Above:  It's a Jungle Out There was used mostly along the top and bottom thirds of this three-dimensional artwork by Karen Pesch.

  


A third artist from StencilClub, Betsy Harting, has created a beautiful two-page art journal spread with my 9" x 12" Longwood Florals Mask ....







.... with a blend of colors that I call "sweet colors," because, to my eye, this combination of light-hued yellow and lavender are exactly that:  sweet. 

Today's next-up artwork comes from a workshop given a few years ago by StencilGirl's own MaryBeth Shaw.  One of her workshop participants created the arresting art below, cleverly spicing up the image by adding dots to the ginkgo leaf shapes that she printed using my 6" x 6" stencil Ginkgo.







 

Today's post ends with art by StencilClub artist Kathy Nyquist, who has used parts of my four 6" x 6" Abstract Composition Backbones Masks in bringing to resolution this abstract painting --







Stencils and masks used in today's artworks:



6" x 6" stencil Ferns 6





9" x 12" Longwood Florals Mask 






Ginkgo stencil (6" x 6")





It's a Jungle Out There (9" x 12")


Thank you for stopping here at my blog today!  And thank you to each and every artist who's allowed me to post her artwork here!  To scroll thru the pages of my masks and stencils at StencilGirlProducts, please start here.

Announcement:  Because the Feedburner team has released a system update, the email subscription service will be discontinued.  After July 2021, the automated emails to blog subscribers will no longer be supported.

If you want to continue subscribing to this blog by email, please leave a Comment that gives your email address.  Comment options are given at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but prevent them from being published on the blog.  In other words, your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and creating my own private list.  

I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I live by the Golden Rule!  

No comments:

Post a Comment