Saturday, September 4, 2021

My 9" x 12" mask Prayer Flags L371, when used in its entirety, makes a print that looks like this:










For a completely different look, I decided to cut my 9" x 12" mask Prayer Flags L371 into pieces -- carefully, making sure that I retained connecting lines of Mylar between the flag-shaped areas.  Next, I arranged the pieces randomly to make a print:













-- and my next step was to cut the print down to fit on a greeting card cover.  The cut-down paper then became background for a photo I'd taken years ago --













Next, I grabbed an old newspaper and spattered it with reddish-brown acrylic paint.  After that dried, I placed a piece of the cut-up mask along with white acrylic paint to make a new print:












More prints done with these pieces --





Above:  This bookmark combines partial prints from 9" x 12" Prayer Flags and 9" x 12" Thistle L594. 




Above:  a partial print made with Prayer Flags, covered with string gel and metallic gold rub-on paste.




Below:  This partial print was made on stretched canvas, and is part of a work-in-progress:











The original 9" x 12" Prayer Flags stencil looks like this --










When designing ATC Mixup Swatton # 1, I included an Artist Trading Card-sized design that's similar to, but not identical with, 9" x 12" Prayer FlagsThis smaller version has come in handy for developing smaller pieces of art, including these:





Also appearing above:  scraps of papers printed using 6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.





 
Also appearing above:  scraps of papers printed using 6" x 6" Sprigs.

 



Also appearing here:  scraps of papers printed using 6" x 6" Sprigs.










To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

Note:  The Feedburner team has discontinued its option for receiving my blog posts via their email subscription.   

To subscribe to this blog by email, please leave a Comment giving your email address.  Comment options are provided at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but keep them from being published on the blog.  So your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and adding them to my private emailing list thru Yahoo Email. I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I live by the Golden Rule! 

No comments:

Post a Comment