Saturday, July 29, 2023

Leftover Interior Paint marries Black Cardstock!

My friend Judi Kauffman never likes seeing paint wasted. 

When a contractor readied to wash his paint roller, upon finishing her guest room, Judi quickly presented him with black cardstock, asking him to streak it with some leftover paint -- with the promise that, when he returned to paint the basement, she'd show him the ways she used that cardstock.



Above: The rectangle on the upper left has been cut to the size of an Artist Trading Card (2.5" x 3.5").  The larger rectangle has been trimmed to a size slightly smaller than 5" x 7" since it's destined to embellish the cover of a 5" x 7" greeting card.

For her early projects, Judi started with my 6" x 6" mask Bulbs and Banners s955 as well as my 9" x 12" mask Kelp Forest L963.



Above:  On the ATC at the far left, Judi used rubber stamps as well as my 6" x 6" mask Bulbs and Banners s955.  The greeting card on the far right has a background Judi created with my 6" x 6" mask Champagne s960.  Its foreground embellishment has been rubber stamped as well as stenciled with part of my 9" x 12" mask  Kelp Forest L963.


What I especially like about the art above is the unique look achieved when leftover interior paint was roller-applied to black cardstock.  This idea of Judi's created unique art!

While her masks were still out on the table, Judi decorated a series of envelopes.


 

Above: the top two envelopes were printed using 9" x 12" mask  Kelp Forest L963 and the bottom one, with 6" x 6" mask Bulbs and Banners s955Each of those envelopes has a masked-off area, left blank for the addition of a mailing address.  For that mask, Julie used a piece of newsprint, torn rather than cut.


What I especially like about these envelopes is the rainbow effect Judi created to frame each of the masked-off areas.  It's no surprise to me that these envelopes have been purchased.

My thanks to Judi for sharing this art with me -- and my thanks, equally, to everyone stopping by here today!

To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment