Wednesday, November 1, 2017

TANGLED PODS


Tangled Pods (9" x 12") remains one of my favorite stencils.  It's turned out to be more versatile than I had ever expected. 





Above is the collage-card I gave my husband for our last anniversary.  Because of his love for sailing, I used a nautical map as the background for the (vertical right-side) print made with blue acrylic paint and Tangled Pods (The other papers are pre-made collage papers, a gift from my sweet stepdaughter Christina.)  The heart embellishment is a crafter's wooden heart covered with a scrap of painted paper.

Below is another greeting card, this one printed with Tangled Pods on a round mini Gelli Plate.  After that print dried, I framed it with a few pieces cut from the stencil itself, which had become stained during earlier art projects.  For this kind of collage, I use Pioneer Embellisment Glue Stick.  





Today's next Tangled Pods piece brings back memories of last fall's colors.  I created it on stretched canvas using a technique from the Absentee Artist chapter in the book Creative Paper Art by Nancy Welch.  This technique is also demonstrated on Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form, available online at Cheap Joe's Art Supplies. 





Today's last artwork, below, is a matted portfolio piece.  Its background is a sheet of Yupo drenched in blue and magenta.  The foreground is a piece of a Tangled Pods stencil that had been heavily stained during earlier projects.





Tangled Pods in its entirety looks like this--





Tangled Pods has a mirror-image stencil, Dangled Pods.  It looks like this --





Thank you for coming to see my blog today!

To check out all my stencils, please visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment