Friday, January 10, 2020

Celebrating Trees!


I'm a tree-hugger!  Don't believe that?  Just scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, here, to count the designs that are trees or parts of trees.

The first image below is a print I made on the page of an old encyclopedia -- a page that already contained botanical illustrations including a tree.  The mask I used to make this green print was my 6" x 6" Garden at Nemours.  The original inspiration were lush plants in the gardens at historic Nemours Mansion, near Kennett Square, PA.... 





...........But recently I discovered that the same design can be viewed as tropical trees, as shown in the next two images below.  Both were made with my 6" x 6" Garden at Nemourand my 6" x 6" Pair o' Parrots.








The next two images below were printed with my 6" x 6" stencil Mimosa 6 --









In the image directly above, the 6" x 6" stencil Mimosa 6  was used twice, side by side, creating a continuous pattern.  





The background in the image above was printed with my new 9" x 12" mask Looking Up Through Trees.  Atop that print, I glued part of another 9" x 12" mask, Garden Montage -- after that mask had been paint-stained during a previous project. 


I used the same approach in developing the image below.  First I created a background with acrylic paints and Looking Up Through Trees.   After that dried, I came back with pink acrylic paint and my 6" x 6" stencil Swaying Grasses.  Next came my 6" x 6" stencil Mikki's Flowers, which I used on the left with green acrylic paint; and on the right, purple.  You can click on the image below to enlarge it and better see details.





I did likewise in making the image below, starting with acrylic paint and Looking Up Through Trees.   Once that paint had dried, I came back with blue acrylic paint and my 6" x 6" stencil Mikki's Flowers, which I used with purple-blue acrylic paint.  You can click on the image below to enlarge it and better see details.









For the image directly above, I again started with acrylic paint and Looking Up Through Trees.   Later, I returned to add flower prints with purple-blue paint and (on the left) my 6" x 6" stencil Mikki's Flowerson the right, I used the same paint with another 6" x 6" stencil, Swatton Flowers Version 1.  My last step was to use pink acrylic paint with both these 6" x 6" stencils, this time reversing them, using  
Swatton Flowers Version 1 on the left and Mikki's Flowers on the right.


I began the image below with acrylic paints and Looking Up Through Trees.  Next, I created a middle layer -- on the lower left, I used my 6" x 6" Garden at Nemourmask with purple-blue acrylic paint.  In the lower right, I used the same paint with Swaying Grasses.  For my top layer, I used Swatton Flowers Version 1 on the left and Mikki's Flowers on the right.




Thanks for coming to visit here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment