Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Continuing the Parade of Artists Using Stencils

Artist Jennifer Armstrong has blown me away with her cyanotype (sun print) technique -- she not only uses stencils to make cyanotypes, as I've posted about in the past, but she tops the usual technique by taking two steps beyond the norm:  She adds (1) drops of water and (2) sprinkles of turmeric spice to the light-sensitive photo paper before adding the stencil and exposing it to light.  

Here is a fantastic result she achieved using my 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves --




To see more of Jennifer's way-beyond gorgeous artwork, check her out on Instagram -- @jennitoga  Thank you, Jennifer, for allowing me to show your artwork here today!

Want to know more?  To check out the start-to-finish traditional way of creating sun prints, please check here.   

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment