Sunday, July 19, 2020

LOOKING UP THROUGH TREES -- both the New 6" x 6" Small and the Original 9" x 12" Mask


Before launching into another series of prints made with my newly-released 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small, I'm excited to share news of something that I've just discovered.  I'm not into fabric arts myself, but I gather that a number of us art enthusiasts are dabbling both in the fabric arts and paper arts.  For those focusing on the fabric arts, here's a gem-of-a-find.  Ta-da! -- it's a Cutterz Ring.  It strikes me as such a creative and brilliant idea that I just had to give its mention top priority today!

Now comes a parade of art samples developed with my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small as well as, where noted, my 9" x 12" Looking Up Through Trees....



Above:  This acrylic paint print on watercolor paper was created with both my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small (mostly in the background) and my 9" x 12" Looking Up Through Trees (foreground.)


Above:  Made with my 9" x 12" Looking Up Through Trees 



Above:  Printed with my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small

The print directly above, done with acrylic paints on watercolor paper, is just the first step in what will become a multi-layered piece.  

Below is a series of prints, numbered in progression, all made with my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small.  Since acrylic paints dry rapidly, these layers were quick to build up:




Above:  First layer of prints using my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small.
  



Above:  Second layer with my 6" x 6" mask Looking Up Through Trees Small 


The photo below shows the third layer; in this layer, I started to include the use of my 9" x 12" Looking Up Through Trees:






Studying this 3-part progression in hindsight, I've come to the unhappy conclusion that the second layer is where I should have stopped!  

But because I didn't stop back at the second layer, I now face a challenge -- I need to continue adding layers, hoping to see a final version that will satisfy me!

One thing I've learned, in these happy years of working with my StencilGirl stencils and masks, is that there's one person I want to please with my final artworks.  Moi

Thanks for stopping to see my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.  To follow this blog via email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.