Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Black and White Art-Making Ideas with Stencils and Masks


Today's first black-and-white art sample features hot air balloons created with freehand drawings.  



Featured stencil: my 9" x 12" stencil Facets.



Developing the art sample above, I started with a mix of white gesso and liquid matte medium; and I used the subtractive/reductive technique to lay in the stenciled area.  My 9" x 12" Facets, in its entirety, looks like this:


Facets (9" x 12")


After creating today's hot air balloon art-sample, I switched to a second subject -- vases -- and used zinc white acrylic instead of a gesso-liquid matte medium mixture ... 




Above:  These stencil-patterns of smaller vases in the upper left and lower right were created with my 9" x 12" stencil Vases.


My 9" x 12" stencil Vases looks like this:



Vases (9" x 12")


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To follow by email, just use this option in the upper right sidebar.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.