Saturday, August 22, 2020

More Artists Working with Stencils and Masks

Artist Linda Webr made today's first print, using watercolor and one-third of my 6" x 6" stencil Quilted Flower Garden ...




... and I really admire the way she used such a "loose" medium to get 
this print -- it has the widely popular "painterly" look yet at the same time retains much of the stencil's original design.  This achievement may sound easy, but not everyone (myself included) can work this well with watercolor and stencils.  


If it sounds out-of-the-box thinking to use watercolor with stencils, just wait!  Another artist -- Melissa Ohlman-Roberge -- has used my 9" x 12" Clustered Leaves to make this print ....






... and the medium Melissa used was stained water left over from soaking a batch of beans!   I take my hat off to creative thinkers like Melissa!  I think the message we can take away from this is:  "Go ahead!  Try anything!"  

Today's final pieces of stencil-made art were created by artist Debi Adams. 
 
Check out StencilGirl Talk here -- to see a full-length write-up, with step-by-step photos, showing what Debi Adams did with stencils by Seth Apter and Nathalie Kalbach, alongside my 9” x 12” stencil Clustered Leaves.

Here is just a small sample:










To see more work by Debi Adams, visit her blog.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please visit here.

To follow this blog by email, please use the Follow by Email option in the right sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment