Monday, January 11, 2021

 As I look ahead to a brighter 2021, getting ready for new projects, I want to symbolically finish 2020.  One way for me to step forward is to "clean up" by collecting "odds and ends" from past projects of expressing myself thru use of my StencilGirl stencils and masks.






The simple collage above features a detail cut from a print I'd made using blue paper and 3-dimensional white metallic paint with my 9" x 12" stencil Two Fans, which, in its entirety, looks like this--




 


My reason for leading today's post with this art sample is that thinking outside the box is a great boost to creativity.  So, for example, the above design opens itself to possibilities that stretch beyond this image of a pair of fans.

Below is another collage; this one starts with a doily paper from InLoveArts.com; atop that rests a print I made on glossy black cardstock using Golden's garnet gel and a stencil of Artist-Trading-Card size, Ginkgo.  After the gel had dried, I outlined the gingko leaves with silver glitter glue from RangerIndustries.com.  The final touch was a butterfly created with a decorative hole punch.






The Ginkgo stencil is part of a 9" x 12" sheet-collection titled ATC Mixup Swatton #2 and it looks like this:






Today's third mini-collage was posted here in my blog some time ago, but that was before it got dressed up using laser-cut lovlies from InLoveArts.com; and atop them, another butterfly created with a decorative hole punch.  The base of the collage is a tag printed with my Artist-Trading-Card-sized mask Ornamental Iron Curls; this mask is, likewise, included in my 9" x 12" sheet-collection titled ATC Mixup Swatton #2, shown directly above.






Next up:  Two simple prints; both were created with my 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines.  But the top, purple print was made as a reverse print; right after I'd made a print in the usual stenciling way, daubing purple acrylic paint thru the stencil's openings, I had flipped the still-wet stencil over and pressed it to a clean sheet of white paper -- using it in the same way I would use a rubber stamp. 











The multiple-layered print above was made using textured acrylic paint and Boxed Vines; the background's earlier print had been created with Webbed Stencil (MaryBeth Shaw, designer.) The blue, dangled leaves and vines that hang down the right side of this artwork were freehand-cut from sturdy paper.

Boxed Vines in its entirety looks like this:





Many thanks for stopping here at my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirl, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment