Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves was chosen by Artist Kathy Nyquist when she gave finishing touches to what had been a clean-up page in her art journal.  What had started as a page to catch leftover paints, became the work of art that you see below.




Above:  So much to love here! -- the translucency of the blue paint, the white outlining and calligraphy, all floating over a grid background.  What spirit!








Above:  Kathy Nyquist again has used 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves on this greeting card cover, created with crackle paste and a piece of junk mail, redeemed!




Sylvia Lokhoff de Bruijn, another StencilGirl StencilClub member, will have a post dedicated entirely to her, showcasing her outstanding artworks created by putting into use several of my stencils and masks.  Today's post however narrows the field to this work in monochromatic blues --






Above: Sylvia has used 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves in several applications, over a background that I think was created with June Pfaff Daley's Coral Fan Stencil L356. 



6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves is one that I've used often, myself:




Above: Here I've used it with modeling paste; after the paste dried, I went over it with orange pastels and a gold glitter glue (Ranger's Industries.)




Above:  Working on bronze "metallic" cardstock, I used heavy-body silver paint thru the stencil; after allowing drying time, I added highlights with silver glitter glue from Ranger Industries.




Above:  With a watercolor pencil, I filled in all the open areas on 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves.  I lifted off the stencil and applied a light spray from a mister bottle.  This controlled amount of moisture caused just enough bleed to give the piece a "painterly" look.  This was done on heavy watercolor paper. 





Above:  This gorgeous Christmas card was created by Martha Lucia Gomez. 



Today's final idea for using Pressed Leaves comes from MaryBeth Shaw of StencilGirlProducts.com.  Enjoy this short but highly informative video made by MaryBeth, featuring a mixed-media process that came as totally new to me.  Something fun to try!

Thanks for checking out my blog today! To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here. 

Announcement:  Because the Feedburner team has released a system update, the email subscription service will be discontinued.  After July 2021, the automated emails to blog subscribers will no longer be supported.

If you want to continue subscribing to this blog by email, please leave a Comment that gives your email address.  Comment options are given at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but prevent them from being published on the blog.  In other words, your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and creating my own private list.  

I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I try to live by the Golden Rule!  

No comments:

Post a Comment