Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Longwood Florals Stencil ...

StencilGirl designer Trish McKinney has created a gorgeous series of masks inspired by the beauty of bare tree branches.  It was with one of Trish's bare branch masks, s483, along with one of the masks from Traci Bautista's "deconstructed lily" series (s297), that artist Sylvia Lokhoff de Bruijn developed the monochromatic blue background for this eye-pleasing artwork:




Above:  As pretty as this is, it's still a work in progress at this stage.  The foreground, which seems to float atop the background, was created using my Longwood Florals Stencil L676 and Longwood Florals Mask L675 (both of which are sized 9" x 12".)



Below:  The final version of Sylvia's artwork shows that she's turned this background into framework for a focal area created with a rubber stamp, my 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves s277 along with a rubber stamp and 
Pam Carriker's Journal Notes 6 Stencil.







My stencils used in the above project include:




6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves s277 





Longwood Florals Mask L675 





Longwood Florals Stencil L676 



Likewise, Longwood Florals Stencil L676 was among other StencilGirl stencils that were used by StencilGirl's 2021 Creative Team member Laura Dame, as she developed the artwork shown in this instructional video.  Her video first appeared in the May 11 edition of StencilGirl Talk.  

Thanks for checking out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Because the Feedburner team has released a system update, the email subscription service will be discontinued.  After July 2021, the automated emails to blog subscribers will no longer be supported.

If you want to continue subscribing to this blog by email, please leave a Comment that gives your email address.  Comment options are given at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but prevent them from being published on the blog.  In other words, your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and creating my own private list.  

I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I try my best to live by the Golden Rule! 

No comments:

Post a Comment