Saturday, October 2, 2021

 StencilGirl Stencil Club member Heather Thompson Lynn has pushed all my happy buttons using masks and stencils I've designed for StencilGirl. 





Above:  Heather has created a blend of colors both exotic and exciting in this background on an art journal's two-page spread.  This artwork draws the viewer's eye from left to right by the dark green top-layer prints Heather has made, using the leafy parts of 9" x 12" Longwood Garden Florals Stencil L676.










Above:  Heather has created another killer background using my 9" x 12" Mimosa 9 L141.  The dots sprinkled across this artwork give it a happy flavor!
 


Below:  The StencilGirl herself, MaryBeth Shaw, has created an eye-catching collage using several StencilGirl stencils and masks, including -- on the far left -- paper printed using my 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves s277.....









Below:  Nancy Sanderson Curry, a fellow StencilGirl designer and one of my all-time favorite people, used watercolor -- and used it with more skill than I possess! -- with my 6" x 6" LOVE s828 to create this stunning piece that glows with the visual power of black-and-white --




 







Below:  artist Claudia Holland of the Netherlands has created this delicious color-blend using a portion of my 9" x 12" Prayer Flags L371 ....











Today's last art sample comes from the StencilGirl Talk blog post of June 17, 2021. Here, artist Lorri Scott uses StencilGirl stencils and masks in making fabric prints via the fascinating technique of rust dye printing.  Among the stencils Lorri used was my 9" x 12" Wrought Iron Gate L224.  I love her results, shown below:




 


Above:  Lorri Scott's printed fabric is on the left and the Wrought Iron Gate stencil L224 is on the right.




Thank you to the six artists whose artworks are featured here today!  And to you readers, whom I'm betting are now inspired to go art-adventuring with one or more of these techniques and approaches, using your own stencils and masks.   To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.



No comments:

Post a Comment