Sunday, October 10, 2021

One Way -- among many! -- to Use Stencil-Printed Papers

 The idea for today's project isn't original, but it's something I never tried before.


I started with a small gift box that came with a matching lid...

















Above:  On the bottom left is a piece of foreign newsprint that has been stencil-printed on its unseen other side, using my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls s462.  To its right is the gift box lid, which I've coated with acrylic heavy gel medium.

Below:  While the gel was still wet, I pressed the gel-covered lid upside-down onto the newsprint.  

My next step was use a green marker to draw lines radiating out from the four corners.  I didn't bother with math-perfect measurements!  I knew I would be trimming off excess paper at the top and bottom. 





 
    












After cutting off that excess paper, I cut along each of the 4 green lines.  Then I started brushing heavy gel medium onto the flaps.  As each flag was coated with gel, I folded it up, over the side of the box lid.... 



















The finished box lid -- now right-side up -- appears on the bottom far left in the photo below.  As noted earlier, this foreign newsprint had previously been printed on this side with my 6" x 6" stencil Ornamental Iron Curls s462.















In the photo above, at the top left, lies an old map that's been printed with my 9" x 12" Loopy Ladders L434.  In the lower right is the bottom of the gift box.

I used the pink-printed map to cover the bottom of the gift box, following the same steps as I had when covering its lid.

Since I had some leftover Loopy Ladders L434-printed paper, I cut a rectangular strip from it to use as a gift tag.  That tag appears on the upper right in the photo below; you can see I've folded it into half and used a hole punch on one corner.
















Below are two shots of the finished mini gift box.  





























Featured today: 





6" x 6" Ornamental Iron Curls s462











9" x 12" Loopy Ladders L434 





Many thanks for taking time to visit my blog!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment