Wednesday, May 4, 2022

You Still Have a Few More Days....

Multiple art projects, over time, leave me with an overabundance of stencil-printed papers, and many of them are leftover bits and pieces.  

When I sort thru the papers, they wake up my brain and ignite ideas. 

I suggest you challenge yourself, right along with me, asking  "What happens if I pair this with that?"  Outside-the-box thinking is fun!

That in mind, I offer today more ideas for Mother's Day greeting cards.  (Keep in mind you can send, or hand over, cards to your daughters, daughters-in-law and stepdaughters if you have them.  Each of these cards pairs nicely with a bouquet of fresh flowers!)




Above:  I used my 6" x 6" Mikki's Flowers Mask s605 with red acrylic paint over a whitewashed page from an old encyclopedia that had a floral image of its own.  The foil trims here and on all cards below are from Paper Wishes.





Above:  a collage card cover that brings together 3 partial prints, all created with my 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652.





Above:  This tag was transformed from plain to pleasing with textured acrylic paint and part of my 6" x 6" Mikki's Flowers Mask s605.

 



Above:  a card cover that uses a partial print made using my 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652 as the top-layer print.  The bottom layer was created with my 9" x 12" Prayer Flags L371.  To my eye, doing one print over another adds pizzazz without completely removing the3 image of flowers.  The butterfly was made with a hole punch.





All of the following Mother's Day card covers were developed using partial prints made with 
9" x 12" Prayer Flags L371 -- 




Above:  The background print was made using my 9" x 12" Nosegay Stencil L335.













Note:  The insert is a photo of a painting I did years ago. (In a future post I'll show how I incorporated this piece into a larger greeting card cover.)

 


Note:  The background for this green print was part of a picture calendar page.


Thanks sincerely for coming to see my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirl Products, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment