Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Summer's Flowers

 Although the glitter doesn't show up very well on the first art sample below, I'll launch today's post with it because making it helped me in welcoming a long-awaited summer!  

Before introducing the squeeze-bottle glitter-glue, I placed my 6" x 6" stencil Budding Branches s249 on a 6" x 6" greeting card blank and sprayed the surface with green watercolor in a mister bottle. 










Today's second piece started life as a sheet of newsprint that I was using to clean stencils after using them elsewhere.  But I liked the results, so I added a frame using the same acrylic paint and a sponge brayer.  This print was made with part of my 6" x 6" stencil Swatton Flowers Version 1 s078...




 



In making the print below, I first covered an old encyclopedia page with a layer of Titanium White acrylic paint.  After that had dried, I used red-orange acrylic paint with my 6" x 6" stencil Silhouette of a Wildflower Bouquet s236.  In the very center of this image, you can see a subtle print of a flower that was an illustration in this pre-1923 encyclopedia.  








Today's final pair of prints were made with two of my 9" x 12" stencils -- Mimosa 9 L141 and Thistles L594.  Foreign newsprint was the substrate I chose; some of its lettering is still visible in both backgrounds below --



  












In its entirety, Thistle 9 L594 looks like this --










And Mimosa Stencil 9 L141 in its 9" x 12" version looks like this --










(Also available:  Mimosa 6 Stencil s126 which measures 6" x 6".)

Finally, in its entirety, Swatton Flowers Version 1 s078 looks like this --









Many thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment