Thursday, November 10, 2022

Stencil Prints for Christmas Cards


Below:  Looking Up Through Tree Large L753a 9" x 12" mask, is what I used with red acrylic paint to make this print on plain white paper.  After the paint dried, I went over the print with a black marker to create random squiggles.


  




These dominant colors of red and white put me in a Christmas mood -- so I decided to cut the print into pieces and use parts in collage-cover greeting cards.  Candles are often my Christmas decoration of choice.  (My greeting card blanks come from JAMPaper.com.  The green textured backgrounds [shown below] were cut from novelty papers that I bought years ago at an art supply store.) The candles' flames were cut from another stencil-printed paper (yellow paper stencil-printed with red acrylic paint.)















Next in today's post:  a collage I created for a past online workshop with Jane Davies.  I pulled these collage elements from a stack of papers I'd previously prepared using a couple of my stencils and masks available at StencilGirlProducts.com.  





Above:  In the mid-center-right area, I collaged a piece of deli wrap that I'd imprinted with red acrylic paint using my 6"X 6" stencil Kaleid s085.







In the close-up above (top-center), you can see a piece of paper printed with my 9"X 12" stencil Twinship L268.  Here, I used red acrylic paint on a substrate of black-and-white dot-decorated scrapbook paper.



After finishing this collage, I took a step backward to study my results.  The finished piece wasn't satisfying me!  So I decided to cut out a section and glue it to the face of a 5"X 7" blank greeting card (Strathmore brand). 









Featured in today's post are three masks, all available at StencilGirlProducts.com .  (Note:  Looking Up Through Tree Large L753 is a 9" x 12" version of a design that also comes in a 6" x 6" size:  Looking up Through Trees Small s793.)




6"X 6" Kaleid s085









9"X 12" Twinship L268






Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment