Thursday, August 10, 2017

FANTASIA and PUDDLES Stencils


The 6" x 6" stencil Puddles, by Rae Missigman, has slid right into my top ten favorites!

In the artwork below, I've used Rae's stencil along with part of my 9" x 12" stencil Fantasia --




Repeated use of Rae's stencil makes up the bulk of the design, while the vertical lower right area is formed by part of Fantasia.  The largest circles are freehand drawn.

The technique I used to make this art on stretched canvas comes from two sources:  The Absentee Artist chapter of the book Creative Paper Art, by Nancy Welch, and Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form (available at Cheap Joe's Art Supplies online.)

Fantasia in its entirety (before I customize it with scissors) looks like this:




I've also used Rae Missigman's Puddles stencil to make this subtle embellishment for a greeting card --




Subtle but beautiful, because of the stencil design.  Love it!

If you'd like to see all my stencils, please visit here.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  If you'd like to follow it by email, just use the option in the upper right sidebar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment