Friday, August 4, 2017

Striking Gold ... with Stencils


For this project, my substrate was 140-lb. hot-press watercolor paper.  I brushed it with a coat of a rich deep gold made by Golden --




After the paint dried, I added stencils with masking tape to hold them secure --





Stencils shown above are (on the far right) my 9" X 12" Borders #2 stencil, 

-- and (bottom left) part of my 9" X 12" Boxed Vines stencil;

and my 6"X6" Mimosa stencil (upper left)

and my 6"X6" Kaleid stencil (top row, middle.)


very lightly pounced thru the stencil openings with a Ranger alcohol ink applicator and just a few drops of Ranger alcohol inks, pictured below.  



Note at the top of this photo:  (L) Bottles of Ranger alcohol inks and (R) the applicator

Below is the sheet of gilded paper after the stencils were lifted off.




Thanks for visiting my blog today.  If you would like to follow by email, just use this option in the upper right sidebar.

To see all my stencils, please visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment