Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Season for Flowers -- with Generous Help from Sherry Canino!



It had been awhile since I'd used spray paint with stencils or masks.

Time to do it again!  For today's project, I chose one of the new releases of April 25 -- Mikki's Flowers Mask.

The first and third greeting cards below are near-twins; all three were made the same way.  The watercolor sprays gave me the muted, subtle finish that I'd been looking for.

The middle card below was actually my first.  But I was too heavy-handed on the spray paints with this one!  So, with decorative-edge scissors, I cut out the part that was salvageable; used a gluestick to mount it to a dark green background; and with that gluestick, added the combination to the cover of a greeting card blank (JAMPaper.com.)










Artist Sherry Canino did the art journal spreads below, using a 6" x 6" stencil of mine, Swatton Flowers Version 1.




Sherry also used Carolyn Dube's stencil The Dance of This Life.


You can spend more delightful time with Sherry here ... and here.

If visiting the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY, you can enjoy a visit to Sherry's store, Canino's Artistic Cafe -- 106 Metropolitan Park Drive, Liverpool, NY -- and take advantage of the workshops offered there.

Many thanks, Sherry, for letting me re-post your work here!

And a hearty thanks to everyone visiting this blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment