Thursday, June 21, 2018

MIKKI'S FLOWERS 6" x 6" Stencils


One idea leads to another; I've been on a roll with my new 6" x 6"stencil Mikki's Flowers.  New greeting cards are today's focus ....





The greeting card above shows a double-print.  First I covered an old encyclopedia page with translucent purple acrylic paint.  After that dried, I used Mikki's Flowers with a darker purple paint.  Following a little more drying time, I came back to use heavy-body white acrylic paint thru the same stencil.  Once that layer had dried, I used Pan Pastels to add color to the flowers and leaves.

For the card below, I used the same white paint and stencil to make a print atop an earlier print.  The earlier, green print had been made with another 6" x 6" stencil, Ski Lift Works.






Still using white paint and Mikki's FlowersI made a print on an old blue monoprint.  This monoprint had a white area across the bottom; I wanted to experiment to see what it would look like to have the flower stems leading down into overall white.  After adding the monoprint to the greeting card, I decided to use glitter glue to add a wavy frame.







The greeting card above was made on a blue-to-green background paper.  After the white-painted stenciled print had dried, I used Pan Pastels to add color to the flowers.

The stencil Ski Lift Works looks like this--





Today's cards were made on greeting card blanks measuring 5 3/4" x 5 3/4".  These blanks came from JAMPaper.com, which also sells 6" x 6" envelopes.

When I first started using card blanks that worked well with my 6" x 6" stencils, white metallic card blanks of this size were available at JAMPaper.  All of their metallic blank cards (like the blue ones appearing in today's post) are beautiful, but white had been my favorite.

Now that JAMPaper no longer makes this size in white, I've decided to try white card blanks by lcipaper.com.  LCI offers two white blanks, one measuring about 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" -- a little too small to go with some of my stencils -- and 6 1/4" x 6 1/4".  They sell 6 1/2" x 6 1/2"envelopes for these cards.

Both types of cards require additional postage.  I use two first-class Forever stamps on each envelope; this does the trick.

I haven't yet received my order from LCI but I look forward to trying these new-to-me cards; they are made from 150-lb. cardstock, which will be the heaviest I've ever used.  Long ago, when I used 5" x 7" cards, they were cut from 140-lb. watercolor paper.  I like working on heavy cardstock since it can take a lot of treatments, including 3-dimensional stencil-prints made with light modeling paste.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To see the pages of my full line of StencilGirl stencils and masks, please go here

No comments:

Post a Comment