Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Stencil-Lovers Can Learn New Tricks from Artist Darlene Olivia McElroy



http://darleneoliviamcelroy.com/CrazyStencilTechniques_Artisan.pdf -- created by artist Darlene Olivia McElroy -- is a wonderful collection of stencil-using techniques.  I thought I'd seen everything and tried everything with stencils, but she bowled me over right away with her first art-making tip.  I can't wait to try it!

Darlene has honored me by including one of my 9" x 12" stencils in her art-making toolbox -- 9" x 12" Nosegay Stencil.  In its entirety, the stencil looks like this ....





The art samples below are ones I created before reading this excellent resource provided by Darlene....








In each of today's three examples, the background has been created with another 9" x 12" stencil of mine, Fantasia.  A full-size print made with this stencil is below --





Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment