Wednesday, August 22, 2018

THISTLE & SMALL THISTLES Stencils


Earlier posts that have followed StencilGirl's April 25 new stencil release have shown my series of stretched canvases painted with the help of my 6" x 6" stencil Small Thistles ...




 ... well as my 9" x 12" stencil Thistle ...




Today's post features the last painting in the series.  It's appeared here before, but at that time, the painting was still in progress.




You can click on the above image to enlarge it and better see details.

In creating the flowers in the upper left, I used the 9" x 12" stencil 
Thistle -- placing it on the canvas three separate times, to bring the stems together at the bottom.  

For the large central flower -- outlined in yellow spray paint -- I used the 6" x 6" Small Thistles stencil as well as a paper mask (drawn by hand) that I added below the central flower to give it more length. 

Thanks for visiting here today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment