Monday, April 20, 2020

Building Collages with Stencil Prints


Today's first collage features (upper middle) a digital image based on a photo I took of my daughter when she was young.  Her image is surrounded by cut-outs from prints made with stencils and masks.  These include:  Mimosa Stencil (9" x 12"), Garden Montage mask (9" x 12") and my 6" x 6" mask Trivet A.






Below:  an ornate greeting card cover with an orange Solvy background embossed with my 6" x 6" mask Trivet A:








Above:  another greeting card cover, this one using a tag printed with ATC-sized Diagonal Mania, one of the stencils and masks that make up ATC Mixup Swatton #1.


Below, a simple yet multi-paper collage sporting a bright orange-and-purple  embellishment which had been printed with Garden Montage mask (9" x 12") --









Above:  Another simple theme, this one starring a wooden heart over which I've glued a print made with Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6".)

Below, another greeting card, this one sporting a background printed with my 6" x 6" Small Tangled Pods mask (part of my Pods series of stencils and masks.)  The foreground embellishment was made with heavy gloss gel medium, glass beads, spray wartercolor and one of the stencils from my Ivy series, Ivy Frame 9 stencil.






Today's last art sample collage is a giftbag decorated with an easy two-paper collage:  






Its orange and yellow section was printed with m267 M and Y alongside m268 R and E.  Atop that, I used blue acrylic paint in making the image with my 9" x 12" stencil Heron.

Many thanks for taking time to come here strolling thru here today!  To scroll thru all my stencils and masks at StencilGirl, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment