Thursday, April 23, 2020

What Would that New Stencil or Mask Look Like?


Below:  This new background for an art journal page background started with a solid, dark-blue print made on a Gelli Plate.

After the first paint layer had dried on the paper, I used a brayer to spread Titanium White acrylic paint over the Gelli plate.  

Next, I pressed the masks Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6 X 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4 x 4") atop the plate, then lifted them off; this left5 their imprints in the white top layer of paint on the plate.  

My next-to-last step in creating this background page was to pull a print using the dark blue paper.  And the very last was to glue it into my art journal, ready for further development.






On a different day, after using the Gelli Plate to make new prints with these two masks, I came away with some papers that I decided to cut up and use on a collage.  Below, the central image (lower right) was printed with Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6 X 6"); and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4 x 4") was used in making the subtle prints on blue paper that appear in the upper right and lower left:






It was right around this time that I started to wonder, "Since I get so much fun out of pairing up Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6 X 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4 x 4"), why don't I try designing a 9" x 12" version?

What would that look like?

To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

Please know I appreciate your coming to visit my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment