Wednesday, November 4, 2020

There's always reason to give thanks.  (Yes, even in the year 2020.)  And I'm an old-timer who still sends Thanksgiving cards ...








Above:  I've spread light modeling paste thru 
Pressed Leaves (6"x 6"); after that dried, I used orange Pan Pastels on the leaves and stem, as well as olive green Pan Pastels on the background.  Final touch:  gold glitter glue highlights on the leaves.

Below:  I created the background using metallic acrylic paint thru Clustered Leaves (9" x 12") on the left and Loopy Ladders (9" x 12") on the right.  With Loopy LaddersI added more imprints on a sheet of mica, then glued it with super glue to the printed background.  The additional embellishment is cut from a photo of other artwork.








Below:  Again I created a background with metallic acrylic paint thru Clustered Leaves (9" x 12") on the right and Loopy Ladders (9" x 12") on the left.  I used metallic acrylic paint to print one leaf from Clustered Leaves on another piece of mica.  As before, I added the mica to the background using super glue.  

To use just one leaf from Clustered LeavesI'd used masking tape to isolate a single leaf from the others surrounding it.* 









Below:  I used a homemade circle stencil to paint a background moon.  Over that, I spread molding paste thru Swaying Grasses (6" x 6"); after the paste had dried, I highlighted areas of the grass with Pan Pastels.








Below:  used metallic acrylic paint to print one leaf from Clustered Leaves on a piece of mica.

 To use just one leaf from Clustered LeavesI'd used masking tape to isolate a single leaf from the others surrounding it.* 

As before, I added the mica to the background using super glue.  The background itself was covered with multi-colored foil, which reflected light across the card, even from under the mica.









* Below:  Here I have masked off a single leaf from surrounding leaves in my 9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves --










Stencils and masks used in making the above greeting cards:






Pressed Leaves (6"x 6")





Clustered Leaves (9" x 12") 







Loopy Ladders (9" x 12")






Swaying Grasses (6" x 6")




It's appropriate in this post, even more than usual, for me to thank you for visiting my blog today!  To follow it by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.


No comments:

Post a Comment