Sunday, November 22, 2020


Garden at Nemours Stencil S844 , my recently released stencil (an exact reversal of Garden at Nemours Mask D658) has established its image in a number of my abstract artworks, sometimes with other stencils or masks; other times, going solo. 








In the painting above, the center features an area printed with Garden at Nemours Stencil S844Its background and "frame" show the earlier print, which was made with 9" x 12" Longwood Florals Mask.

Below:  Garden at Nemours Stencil S844 was printed in dark green (which unfortunately appears as near-black) as a final touch to an abstract painting that I'd developed using 6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.









In building the painting below, I started with a pre-printed, figured background glued to a sturdy sheet of watercolor paper.  Over that background I made my first two prints with purple acrylic paint, Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4" x 4".)  Opposite on the color wheel from purple is yellow, so I used that color in making the top print using Garden at Nemours Stencil S844 --









Below:  the background in this print appears to have been printed with a stencil or mask; however, what I'd used was an old plastic doily, bought at a flea market.









Above:  Once more, the dark green acrylic paint, in this photo, appears nearly black. 

StencilGirl's own Carol Baxter has come up with delicious titles for the following two artworks created with Garden at Nemours Stencil S844  --









The mixed-media collage above is entitled Morning!  And my artwork below bears the title Night.








 


Below:    This mixed-media collage features stark black and muted grays as background for a vividly red imprint from Garden at Nemours Stencil S844--










Today's final artwork, below, started life as a sheet of foreign newsprint mounted onto sturdy watercolor paper.  A happy hodgepodge of colors landed across the whole surface.  After those acrylic paints had dried, I made a print using Garden at Nemours Stencil S844.  Now it's ready for framing!










Thank you sincerely for finding your way here to my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment