Saturday, March 13, 2021

 Once I started using black watercolor paper with my four Abstract Composition Backbones Masks, the ideas flowed from one project right into the next.  

With masking tape, I placed Abstract Composition Backbones 4 s867 onto black watercolor paper alongside Abstract Composition Backbones 1 s864 (both having been paint stained from earlier projects....







That tape helped hold the masks in place while I used a sponge to add areas of gray and red acrylic heavy-body paint:

 







When I lifted off the masks, I found this --







Some areas needed cleaning up and the composition needed connections.  So I used a black Sharpie for cover-up work and a little black linework.

I continued to add linework after switching  to a Sharpie pen with metallic gold ink....







... with the results shown below.




Above:  There is a part of me that wishes I had stopped here!



The photo below shows a close-up of the focal area as it appears above (before I did additional work on the area.)








Studying this area, I decided it needed more gold in the immediate space around the focal point.  I used collage to add color there and all across the entire piece --







The above photo shows the artwork as it stands now.  I may later add similar shapes, with the same colors, to connect both the top border and the bottom border with the main body of the abstract.

Thanks for being here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment