Confession: I don't fall in love with every print I make; that "chemistry" didn't happen, even when excitement led me to experiment with my most recent release, 9" x 12" Fire Cherries Mask L879.
I could have painted or collaged over those few prints that didn't satisfy me, but I decided instead to cut them into strips to combine with other paper strips, with a goal of developing a two-collage series.
First however a background was needed, so I grabbed two 9" x 12" stretched canvases and a handful of older releases:
The older masks are shown on far right in the photo above. They include 9" x 12" Fantasia L450, 9" x 12" Clustered Leaves L433, 6" x 6" Sprigs s523, and 4" x 4" Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini m050. To the left of the masks lie the two canvases, each multi-layered with partial mask prints in pale gray, pale yellow, pale brown-orange and white.
After those layers of acrylic paints had dried, I started to audition strips of printed papers in a variety of placements on the canvases.
|Above: Here I'm experimenting with placement of paper strips on Collage 1.|
Below: Collage 1 as it appears now....
Next up, a photo of Collage 2 in progress --
Below is a photo of Collage 2 as it appears now....
I'm not saying that these two collages are finished. Maybe so, maybe not!
Here is a close-up detail from one of the prints that were cut up to make these collages:
Thanks for coming to visit my blog today! To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.