Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Imagination Rules! Christmas Fun with Stencils and Masks

I'm hoping that everyone reading my blog posts is bringing along that inborn gift of imagination!  My art samples are suggestions thrown out there to encourage new adventures in creative thinking. 

I've discovered that my 9" x 12" stencil Wrought Iron Gate has more applications than I'd first envisioned when developing the design.  

After making the print below, I realized that each of the four sections of the "gate" could be cut apart ....








... and having done that, I was rewarded with 8 short columns that made perfect pillar candles for Christmas cards and other Christmas decorations:




Above:  One of the 8 cards made using a strip cut from the print shown at the top of this post. 



The next two pillar candle Christmas cards were made on greeting card blanks from JAMPaper.com.  They offer metallic card blanks in a variety of colors; the next two cards are a lovely metallic bronze, altho its sheen doesn't show up in these photos. 




Above:  This pillar candle was cut from a print made using 6" x 6" Ornamental Iron Curls s462.






Above:  Likewise, this pillar candle was cut from a print made with 6" x 6" Ornamental Iron Curls s462.




Shifting focus to decorating stocking-stuffer gifts, I grabbed a pair of purse-sized journals that had come with blank covers.  For the stenciling, I continued to use my 6" x 6" mask Ornamental Iron Curls s462





Above:  I had fun blending heavy-body orange acrylic paint with heavy-body magenta acrylic paint to add interest to this journal cover.





Above:  On another journal cover, again I made a print using part of 6" x 6" mask Ornamental Iron Curls s462.  The 3-dimensional star embellishment was bought long ago at Michaels Arts and Crafts. 



Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment