Saturday, December 4, 2021

Here's My Christmas Giftwrap Idea -- What is Yours?

Giving any extra-large gifts this Christmas?  

Want to make your own giftwrap with stencils and/or masks?  For me it's double the fun when I make my own giftwrap.

You may already have large sheets of paper on hand, but if not, you may want to check here.

This idea popped into my head when I made a print using my 9" x 12" Branching Blossoms Silhouette L284 with red heavy-body acrylic paint on a background that was nearly white:






When I took a second look at the print, I pictured it with gold glitter-glue garland draped across its branches, and the branches dotted here and there with a scatter of Christmas dangling glass balls ... and those balls could be made with my squeeze-bottle glitter glue or with collage, using my hole-puncher to cut circular shapes from papers that have been stencil-printed with dark green or metallic silver or gold.  And a big star shape belongs at the very top!

Then my fantasy swept on to envision multiple prints of Branching Blossoms Silhouette L284, some in bright red as above, others in bright cheerful green.  Those prints could be pieced together across the width and length of the giftwrap, green alternating with the red ... somewhat reminiscent of an old-fashioned quilt --






Above, I've done a quick computer sketch of the idea, since pictures are worth a thousand words.  Just imagine that in each of the these rectangles of alternating color, there's a print made using 
Branching Blossoms Silhouette L284Each print could be further decorated, perhaps in the way I've pictured.  But I think that, easily, the patterned prints would hold visual punch all on their own.

In what ways is your own imagination tickling you today?

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment