Monday, April 18, 2022

 To go deeper into the topic of icads, I offer this reference.  I don't know whether or not it might be the place where the icad idea was born, but it's there that I found the icad definition:  The ICAD challenge is about doing a tiny creative project each day for 61 days. You do NOT need to consider yourself an artist to participate.

Index cards make good substrates for participating in a project like this, because of their size and the fact that they can come in assorted colors.  Just be wary, if ordering online, of ending up with thin index cards so flimsy that they're hard to work on.

At the top of this blog post is the same shot I've previously posted, showing a collection of index cards printed using parts of stencils and masks I've designed for StencilGirl Products.com. 

 





Having created those backgrounds, I went ahead with embellishments -- 



Above:  This pale green index card was first printed using Palm Fronds Silhouette Small s238, then improved by the upper-left addition of a partial print made with 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652.  Other paper scraps were added in the middle and lower right.


Below:  Another pale green index card was first printed with part of 6" x 6" Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 S867.  Over that background I pasted a print based on, but not identical with, a clipart image that I had purchased.  Bordering the far right and the bottom are embellishment foil stickers from Paper Wishes, a company that makes a wide variety of foil stickers in addition to the ones shown here.









Above:  This index card is a collage using a 
partial print made with 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652.  Two other paper scraps were added, a butterfly punch silhouette and a strip of marbled paper.



Below: Another pale green 
index card, this one sporting 2 partial prints made with Garden Montage L652. Atop those papers is a criss-cross created using embellishment foil stickers from Paper Wishes, a company that makes a wide variety of foil stickers in addition to the I'm using here.  In the far bottom is a piece of digital clipart I created, basing it on a vintage photo.





Many thanks for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirl Products, please start here.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment