Friday, January 19, 2024

3 Other Artists Using My Masks and/or Stencils

Number 1 --

In preparing to order the 2022-published book Innovative Abstracts in Mixed Media, I happened to notice that its author, UK artist Helen Kaminsky, used one of my masks from StencilGirlProducts.com (6" x 6" Ski Lift Works s463) in developing one of her artworks, titled The Toolmaker.

I was immediately struck by the way that this particular design does indeed fit into an image that calls to mind a toolmaker.

Ski Lift Works s463 -- confession time! -- is a misnomer.  I designed this mask basing it on a photo I'd taken of some kind of machinery.  I honestly don't remember whether a ski lift was involved.  It may have been a photo taken during a ride on a cable car in Quebec.

The photo on Amazon is of course copyrighted so I won't show that.  I'll simply show the mask itself:




6" x 6" Ski Lift Works s463



I look forward to having Helen Kaminsky's book in my hands!

Number 2 --






The full beauty of the image above -- created by artist Marine Amirkhanyan -- doesn't show here since the original is on gold foil (which reflects when I photograph it!)  Marine used my 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652.


Number 3 -- 





Above: A gorgeous collage by artist Marilyn Roane.  Marilyn cut her collage element for the center of the middle row from a gel plate print she made using my 9" x 12" Clustered Leaves L433.

I fairly burst with delight when I come across works by other artists who have chosen to use some of the stencils and masks I've designed for StencilGirlProducts.com.  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

Thanks for stopping by here today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment