Saturday, January 6, 2024

Goodbye Duck!

My November 11 post -- before veering off into a whole new territory to appear here later in this post! -- started this way.....

In printing on wet-strength tissue paper, I chose my sponge brayer approach*.

Below are a couple of those prints.  The top one was made with 9" x 12" Fire Cherries L879 --



...and the bottom print was made using 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652 


Next, I started auditioning these prints and/or parts of them onto a prepared background...

















After making my final selections, I adhered them to the background with matte gel medium.  After that had dried, I brushed on zinc white acrylic paint to partially obscure areas of that evolved into background for a duck shape.






However!  More has happened since November 11!  The progression went like this --





 
And the finished  piece is below:








The duck is history!


*My sponge brayer approach is simple and it saves my wrists and hands; they suffer if I indulge in too much sponge-pouncing to make prints with my masks and stencils.  My steps are below: 






I squeeze out heavy-body acrylic paint (shown at the top of the photo above); then I load the sponge brayer by rolling it repeatedly over the acrylic paint.  Often I add more paint as I go, since the sponge soaks up a lot of it while getting the outer layer loaded.




Above:  A sponge brayer being loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint.  This old photo shows my using a disposable foam plate. Now, I use a tablet of pallet paper.


After loading the brayer with paint, I place a stencil or mask atop a substrate, secure it with masking tape, and roll the brayer across the top.  See below:





Thank you for checking out my blog today! To scroll thru the pages of my masks and stencils at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment