Sunday, December 6, 2020

Ghosts of Christmasses past?  Not by a long shot!  But today's post brings back memories of Christmas cards created in earlier years.

The Christmas tree below started with bright silver foil-laminated paper.  With masking tape, I blocked off parts of my 5" x 6" stencil Ferns 6; then I applied green acrylic paint thru the part that remained.  After that dried, I used glitter glue to add red and silver dots to the leaves as well as silver highlights to parts of the stem. 







Ferns 6, in its entirety, looks like this --








Next in line:  My 6" x 6" Tiger Lily, paired with red acrylic paint, made a bold statement on the muted silver background below.  With a gluestick, I added this print onto metallic green cardstock and placed a commercial star sticker at its center.  (My 6" x 6" greeting card blanks come from JamPaper.com.  The Post Office has a surcharge on 6" x 6" envelopes sent thru the mail.  I over-pay the P.O. by using two "forever" stamps on each envelope; for me, it's just easier this way.)












The Christmas card above was cut from a larger sheet of paper that I'd printed using alcohol inks on glossy cardstock.  The church window effect comes from my having used my 9" x 12" Facets -- which, in its entirety, looks like this:








Below:  This simple but unique card began with red cardstock that I printed with my 6" x 6" Bamboo Wall, using a mix of light greens with dark green acrylic paints.  Glitter glue created the "garland" and the ornamental dangling silver ball. 













Above:  A simple yet one-of-a-kind Christmas card, made on red cardstock that I'd previously brushed with silver metallic acrylic paint.  Atop that silver area, I used very dark green acrylic paint to make a print with 6" x 6" Bonsai Tree Stencil.  With a hole punch, I cut 3 small "Christmas ornaments" from a separate sheet of red paper.  I added these to the tree with a gluestick.

Below -- Once more I used Bonsai Tree Stencil, this time on a metallic silver background using white acrylic paint.  Highlights came last, bringing finishing touches of silver, gold and red. 







What do the Chinese letters in Bonsai Tree Stencil say?  God loves you!  There's the Christmas message in a nutshell.

Many thanks for stopping by my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here




No comments:

Post a Comment