Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Black, Red and White/Silver !

 I have high praise for online art-making classes online given by UK artist Sally Hirst!  

Sally encourages a practice that I've always found difficult:  Keeping an art journal for practicing growth in composition and other important areas of art-making.

I managed to take this art journal challenge, and today's post follows me as I move thru the steps I took:




















































The papers showing black-and-white text are cut from tissue paper that started life as giftwrap tissue.  

Most of the other papers shown in today's post (including the top 3 preparation shots) are cut-outs from prints made on wet-strength tissue paper with acrylic paints and (in no particular order) these masks ....


6" x 6" mask Sassy Spray s465

9" x 12" mask Palm Fronds Silhouette Large L791

9" x 12" mask Prayer Flags L371

9" x 12" Winter Berries Stencil L678 

9" x 12" mask Facets L283

9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves L433

9" x 12" stencil Mimosa L141

6" x 6" mask Pavilion Shadows s463

6" x 6" Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 2 s865


Many thanks for your interest today! To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment