Thursday, October 29, 2020

My new 6" x 6" stencil LOVE stars in today's collection of art samples.

The first one is a simple print on paper that I had previously splashed with paint thinned with water.






Below: a wild-and-crazy multi-layered print; before using LOVE, the earlier prints were made with my 6" x 6" Ivy Frame 6 and my 9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette Large.
















Above:  This LOVE print started with white paper that had come to me with metallic gold paint marbling already added.  (This paper is prettier in person than it appears in this photo.)  Atop that paper, I made the print using Pan Pastels.  A final touch was a heart that I cut out free-hand and glued to the upper right.

Below:  This LOVE print likewise started with white paper that had come to me with metallic gold paint marbling already added.  On that paper, I made this print using Pan Pastels of two warm colors that blend in the middle. 









Below is an art sample made on glossy cardstock that I'd long ago monoprinted with blue and lavender acrylic paints.  After using 6" x 6" LOVE with a sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body yellow paint, I continued to spread the yellow paint above and below the print.  Once that paint had dried, I added top-and-bottom bars of stylized botanical imagery, using red acrylic paint and parts of my 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines.









Boxed Vines in its entirety looks like this --













Above:  Today's final art sample started with a Pan Pastels print on white paper that I'd long ago designed with flower imagery, using Photoshop.  After a digital capture of that old print -- nowenriched with Pan Pastels and LOVE -- I went back into Photoshop to digitally add the blue inspirational quote.  I posted it on Facebook in keeping with the daily inspirational invitation that came part-and-parcel with the bigger project of Party Call exchanges for October 2020.  Party Call is a monthly event at StencilGirl StencilClub, a Facebook gathering reserved for members of StencilGirl StencilClub.  Artist Lisa Dobry created the Party Calls and she maintains them -- a heroic task into which she puts her heart.  Everyone in StencilClub enjoys these activities so much so that new members are always coming to join in the creative fun.

Thank you sincerely for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.




No comments:

Post a Comment