Monday, October 26, 2020

 

Today's post starts with a glimpse of an acrylic painting that I developed with 6" x 6" LOVE in its lower left corner.  To the right of the print is cardboard I've cut to use as a mask, now that the white paint of the LOVE print has dried.  My aim is to mask the print and sponge-apply white acrylic around the edges of the mask.





The next photo shows the entire surface of this acrylic painting, which -- thanks to protection from the temporary cardboard mask -- has now emerged from the background, rather than being lost in it.




My next, and final, step could have been done by hand, as had the whole artwork been, up to this point; I could have made purple prints with my 6" x 6" Pair o' Parrots, then cut out those prints and glued them onto the painting.

But what I did instead was to do a digital merge in Photoshop, adding these lovebirds to finish the artwork.





Still more digital blending happened when I started with this greeting card cover; its heart was cut from a print I'd made with heavy body pearlized acrylic paint and my 9" x 12" stencil Two Vases:





I merged this heart with the photo below, which shows the LOVE stencil itself -- now heavily stained with orange acrylic paint and resting on a 3-dimensionally spattered background of near-complimentary color ....





.... and the result is below.





This time, the result would have been impossible to achieve without digital manipulation, since the orange-stained stencil, placed on a background with raised areas of thick spatter, created an uneven surface.  Trying to print a heart onto an uneven surface is asking for heartache!

My 9" x 12" stencil Two Vases, in its entirety, looks like this:





As today's heart cut-out shows, the spiraling lines in this stencil provide opportunity for multiple uses.  

Today's final example of a LOVE print digitally combined with another print:






Above:  The print merged with a 6" x 6" LOVE print was made with 6" x 6" Mikki's Flowers Stencil.   

Used in their original forms, of course these two stencils print images of the same size.  For the sake of clarity, however, in this digital image, I've reduced the size of the print made with Mikki's Flowers Stencil. 

Thank you for taking time to come see what's showing here today! To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment