Friday, October 23, 2020

Photo-altering software programs are in everyone's phones now, but years ago I fell in love with Photoshop CS2 and still to this day keep it in my PC for continuous use.

I'm glad however that this fun kind of software is readily available because today's post further explores possibilities of blending my new 6" x 6" stencil LOVE with other images ....

To follow up on my last post, I'll start here:  Silhouette of a Wildflower Bouquet (6" x 6") digitally blended with LOVE:












Next:  LOVE digitally blended with the cover of a Christmas card that had started with a collage built from prints made with stencils.  The stencil-print that remains prominent is the one on the far-right Magi:  6" x 6" Sprigs was used to make that print.






Below, I've blended LOVE with a photo from the wedding of my beautiful daughter.  (LOVE was digitally stretched wide to fit within the photo in the way I wanted.)







Next up:  A digital blend of 6" x 6" LOVE with 6" x 6" Dance of the Courting Cranes --






The digitally altered image below shows LOVE merged with a print made with my 9" x 12" Thistle.  (In making that print, I had placed Thistle onto the substrate multiple times, so as to bring the 3 thistle stalks closer together than they are on the original stencil.)






Today's last art sample, below, is a more complex blend.  Before any digital work was done, I made a double-print on watercolor paper using LOVE alongside subtle prints made with Sassy Spray (barely visible in the lower right.)  I then added a heart embellishment cut from a green-and-yellow-orange print made with Mimosa Stencil (9" x 12".)  Only then, as a final step, did I  develop its digital merge with a previous print featuring 9" x 12" Nosegay Stencil.






For endless digital fun, I encourage everyone to photograph their stencil-prints and merge them together with the magic of digital software; or merge them with photos, as I did with my daughter's wedding portrait.

Thanks for checking in here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment