Thursday, November 23, 2017

Blessed and Thankful!


Artist Lisa Dobry invites StencilGirl StencilClub Facebook members to create art according to monthly themes -- a great idea! -- and the theme for November is Blessed and Thankful.

So I gave this phrase the starring role in a piece of art --



For this piece on stretched canvas, I used these stencils:


It's a Jungle Out There (9"x 12")

Marbles 9 (9" x 12" but also comes in a6" x 6" size.)

Mimosa 6 (6" x 6" but also comes in a 9" x 12" size.)

The central area of the canvas -- its title and theme -- was the part I did first.  After sketching in the hollow letters with Inktense pencils, I painted them with water-thinned acrylic inks.  

Next, I created the border. The technique I used for that is shown and described in the Absentee Artist chapter of the book Creative Paper Art by Nancy Welch.  It's also demonstrated in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form, available at Cheap Joe's Art Supplies. 

In my very last step, I re-outlined the centralized letters with watercolor pencils.

These stencils weren't used in their entirety.  Each of them had previously been to my chop-shop, where I'd customized them with scissors.


Thanks for visiting today!

I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment