Friday, December 15, 2017

A Quick and Easy Project to Make a Christmas Stocking Stuffer-Gift


How many ways can you use a jumbo wood clothespin?  In this post I'm showing it used to hold earbuds or headphones -- a handy way to keep the wires from tangling.  In the first shot below, the clothespin is still untreated, the way it was when I first brought it home.




In this project my first step, not shown, was to cover the clothespin with a base coat of light lavender acrylic paint.

Below, the now-painted clothespin is barely visible.  I've placed it on a "catch-all" sheet of paper (an old calendar page, used to "catch" all the paint that would otherwise fall onto my work surface.)  The green masking tape is helping hold the stencil in place on the clothespin.  This stencil (stained with pink paint from an earlier project) is a strip cut from my 9"X 12" stencil Swatton Borders #1.  (When using a stencil on narrow objects like this clothespin, I find it easier to have cut the stencil apart.)


Above:  The stenciled clothespin,in the upper part of the photo, can be better seen by clicking on this image to enlarge it.  Under it are my palette (a disposable foam plate) and (on the left) the stencil just used.

Below are two shots of the finished clothespin, now a holder for earphones.  But since this is to be a Christmas gift, it may be put to a different use in its new home ...







... since these jumbo clothespins can also be used as artwork hangers, refrigerator magnets, party decorations/favors, and display-holders for photos, greeting cards or kitchen recipes.    I bought this one at my local A. C. Moore, but they're also available at www.AmazonSmile.com.

This stencil in its entirety looks like this:



Swatton Borders # 1 stencil

The border on the far left of this stencil is the one I chose for today's project.  The stencil measures 9" x 12" and is one of three stencils in my series of borders stencils.

I'm happy to say that I've designed 70 stencils for StencilGirl.  The multiple pages of my stencils start here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment