Sunday, October 6, 2019

Art in Progress


In the mood to launch a new idea, I got out a brand-new stretched canvas and drew a random series of shapes with brushes dipped into black acrylic paint.

Once that paint had dried, I used blue masking tape to cover 3 areas of the canvas with three stencils -- my 9" x 12" Facets, the 6" x 6" stencil from the May 2019 StencilClub set and my 9" x 12" stencil Fantasia.  To better see the placement of these stencils, click on the image below to enlarge it ....





After lifting off the stencils, I had created what you see below:





Notice (above) that, with each stencil, I used only some of the stencil openings.

As each layer of paint dried, I re-used the stencils, placing them in a variety of positions, building up layers.


9" x 12" Facets stencil
9" x 12" stencil Fantasia


Used in this project:  the 6" x 6" stencil shown in the lower right above.  This set is available here.


This project is ongoing.  More black lines are coming!

Thanks for visiting here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment