Monday, December 9, 2019

More Christmas Cards



Today's post starts with this Christmas card -- 





The above Christmas card was created with Winter Berries Mask; I used it both in creating the background as well as decorating the textured foil rectabngle that forms the pillar candle.

Winter Berries Mask itself looks like this --







The next card in today's post took more time to develop.

First, I gathered prints I'd made with two 6" x 6" stencils --  Marbles 6 stencil and Sprigs.

Secondly, copying an idea from a commercial greeting card, I drew three Magi on scrap paper.

My third step was to cut out each of the scrap paper figures.  One at a time, I used these as patterns -- I placed them over the stencil-prints and traced around their edges with colored pencils that matched the colors that had been used in printing them.  (Matching colors make the tracing lines look less obvious.)

Next, I used fine-detail scissors to cut out the shapes of the Magi from the stencil-prints.

I glued them to the cover of a greeting card blank to make the card below --





The far-left and far-right Magi were cut from prints made with 6" x 6" stencil Sprigs --



And the center Magi was cut from a print made using 6" x 6" Marbles 6 stencil...





The star was a freehand cut-out.  Or you can join StencilClub and buy the star-themed 3-part stencil set by Mary C. Nasser, which came out August 2017.

Thanks for visiting here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment