Thursday, April 2, 2020

Flowers are Blooming



Today's first art sample was printed on a page from a pre-1929 set of encyclopedias, a page that came with its own floral illustration, which now sits happily in the background behind a red curtain of translucent red acrylic paint....


Above:  Printed with 6" x 6" Silhouette of a Wildflower Bouquet


Above:  The top embellishment was printed with my 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines, which in its entirety looks like this --

 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines

Below:  an old printed paper (based on a photo of a sawed-off tree stump) has new life as a background for a print made with my 9" x 12" mask Garden Montage --

Above:  Printed with 9" x 12" Garden Montagewhich in its entirety looks like this --


9" x 12" Garden Montage


  Above:  Top print made with 9" x 12" Garden Montage.  Underneath print was made with Nosegay Stencil (9" x 12") -- which looks like this--

Above:  Nosegay Stencil (9" x 12") 

Below:  Two prints made with my 6" x 6" Quilted Flower Garden --







The second print made with my 6" x 6" Quilted Flower Garden was done on Yupo that had previously been printed with a 9" x 12" mask from StencilGirl -- Circle Tile, designed by Mary Beth Shaw. 

Below is another print done on a page from a pre-1929 set of encyclopedias, a page that came with two of its own floral illustrations.  Swatton Flowers Version 1 is the stencil that was put to work:




Below:  Today's final art sample is the cover of a greeting card.  The small paper (top layer) of this collage was made with my 9" x 12" mask Garden Montage (shown in its entirety earlier in this post.)  Garden Montage was used to make an over-print (in aqua acrylic paint.)  The under-print (orange and yellow acrylic paints) was made with my 9" x 12" mask Prayer Flags.  

The bottom layer of this greeting card collage was over-printed (in gray acrylic paint) with my 6" x 6" mask Sprigs.  The under-print (in yellow and red acrylic paint) was created with my 9" x 12" mask Winter Berries.





my 9" x 12" mask Winter Berries

 my 6" x 6" mask Sprigs

my 9" x 12" mask Prayer Flags

Thank you for coming to check out my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment