Wednesday, August 24, 2022

 Hot Air Balloons are my stencil-and-masks sets available at StencilGirlProducts.com.  The larger sheet, containing both mask and stencil, measures 6" x 6" and the smaller, 4" x 4".  Except for size, they're identical.  The graphic below has the right-side mask removed from the sheet and placed to the right--






Today's post starts with an imprint made with the 6"x 6" stencil -- but before reaching for the hot air balloon, I'd created its background, using the traditional sponge-daubing/pouncing approach to apply brownish acrylic paint thru my 6" x 6" Swatton Grid Stencil s077.

For the balloon, I used a sponge dipped sparingly in heavy-bodied Titanium White.  Applied with a pouncing motion, this heavy-bodied paint produced subtle peaks and valleys.  Once dry, the paint gave me a textured surface that easily accepted Pan Pastels.  







Swatton Grid Stencil s077 looks like this --









More prints made with my 6" x 6" Hot Air Balloon s547 stencil ...





The background above is a monoprint.  The balloon was added with sponge-daubing Titanium White heavy-body paint thru the stencil.




The above background is a vintage paper coated with acrylic paint.  The balloon was added in the same way as described earlier.






The above background is a sheet of foreign newsprint (comics page), previously painted green with acrylic paint.  I've collaged this to the cover of a 6" x 6" blank fold-over greeting card made with metallic bronze cardstock.



Many thanks for stopping by my blog today!

To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment