Wednesday, October 11, 2017

More Collages Made with Original Drawings for Stencils


During the summer just ended, I had the pleasure of taking an online art class under Jane Davies that focused on black-and-white art.

For some of her weekly exercises, I created collages using cut-outs from drawings I had previously developed; drawings that had become stencils.


Above:  Anyone familiar with my 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders will recognize which part of this collage came from my original drawing.  Hint:  the original drawing was done with black pen on white paper.  But in the final stages of developing the stencil, I reversed blacks with whites.  So the stencil itself looks like this --



Loopy Ladders


Below is a collage that includes a leaf cut from my original drawing for my 9" x 12" stencil Clustered Leaves. 



Again, the cut-out above is color-reversed from the stencil itself, which looks like this --



Clustered Leaves

To see all my stencils, please visit here.

If you'd like to subscribe to this blog via email, just fill out that option in the upper right sidebar.

Thanks for your visit here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment