Friday, September 16, 2022

Scraping Paint over Paper -- with a Stencil Underneath!


Today's post features my paint-over-stencil video, here.

Supplies:

lightweight but sturdy paper (I used Asian rice paper);

a stencil (I used Clustered Leaves);

liquid acrylic paint 

a 12-inch-wide drywall taping knife, sold at home improvement stores, or you can order it here.


This is a quick and easy technique, as the video demonstrates.

Here are some prints I've made this way --






Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)






Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)







Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)





 
Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)






Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)






Mimosa 9" x 12" Stencil 







 Mimosa 9" x 12" Stencil






Mimosa 9" x 12" Stencil 







Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)





Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)






Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)





Clustered Leaves (9'x 12" stencil)





This technique works better with some stencils than with others.  Experimenting is fun!

To scroll thru the pages of my sstencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts, please start here.

Thanks for checking out my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment