Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Thistles -- The Noble "Weed" in Stencils


Thistle is a 9" x 12" stencil that evolved from my love of flowers, be they wild or garden-variety.  

Artist Terry O'Neill has used this stencil along with two other StencilGirl stencils to create today's topmost artwork:






Above:  One of my paintings on canvas, developed with Thistle -- not using it directly, but instead, placing it onto the upper left substrate three separate times, so as to create the look of one stem with three blooms.  In the lower central area, I created the bloom by using my 6" x 6" stencil Small Thistles.  For the stalk under the central flower, I went back to using the 9" x 12" Thistle .

Above:  Another painting of mine.  This time, I used the 9" x 12" Thistle directly -- exactly as the image appears on the stencil itself, with each stalk standing separately.
Today's two stencils look like this--

Above:  9" x 12" Thistle stencil


Above:  6" x 6" stencil Small Thistles

Many thanks for visiting here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment